Director of Admissions
Bishop McDevitt High School
125 Royal Avenue
Wyncote, Pa. 19095-1198
To lead the enrollment management efforts of Bishop McDevitt High School by creating a strong awareness among various constituencies (prospective parents and students, current parents and students, partner schools, alumni, community members and friends) that showcases the school as the ideal choice for secondary education.
The position represents the school in a variety of settings on and off campus with limited supervision and must make decision to conduct oneself appropriately and responsibly, convey accurate information about the school’s policies and procedures, financial aid, admission and academics.
- Under the direction of the School President, implements a comprehensive Enrollment and Marketing plan. Establish short and long-range goals and objectives based on the school’s plans. This includes but is not limited to:
- Work closely with the President’s staff and administrative staff to develop the enrollment and marketing plan.
- Develop long range organizational and promotional/marketing plans (print, electronic, social and other mediums) for programs and initiatives which support and promote the mission of the institution related to admissions.
- Foster, develop and nurture new and existing relationships with the community, perspective parents and students through research, in-person visits, appointments, phone calls and emails in an effort to schedule presentations and recruit students. (Area elementary schools, high school nights, religious education programs, youth ministry programs, etc.)
- Give presentations in a variety of settings and groups (large, small, one-on-one, with and without parents, classrooms) and answering questions on the school from students and parents.
- Explain admission, tuition assistance and scholarship procedures/policies.
- Meet with prospective students and families, arranging tours and shadowing programs, and coordinating open houses.
- Provide direction to the Admissions office staff including performance reviews and the annual review of their job descriptions.
- Provide oversight and direct the management of the Prospect and Admissions modules of the My Students Progress (MSP) database.
- Work with financial aid and monitor academic progress for all recipients of scholarships for the duration of their award.
- Serve as a member of the school’s scholarship/financial aid team as required.
- Work closely with the faculty and staff to ensure understanding of the school’s enrollment management program and engage them in the process.
- Coordinate with the advancement staff to keep the community informed of school news including student accomplishments, special programs and other events.
- Collaborate with regional/OCE planning and efforts, as appropriate; provide required reports to the OCE; attend meetings and training opportunities throughout the year.
- Stay up to date on enrollment management best practices.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or another appropriate discipline is preferred. Three to five years related experience.
- Must be able to work in a team environment, be self-motivated and possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- A high degree of integrity, confidentiality, strong work ethic and a willingness to quickly and continuously gain knowledge of the mission of Catholic Education.
- Strong management and data analysis skills and the ability to work effectively with faculty, administration, and support staff members.
- Experience in data systems, preferably student database systems (preferably My Student Progress or Raiser’s Edge), and familiarity with programming and implementation of data in several office environments (Microsoft Office, Google Docs).
- Experience in communications, marketing, sales, public relations, education preferred.
- A valid driver’s license and willingness to travel.
Candidates interested in the Director of Admissions position should send their cover letter and resume to Mr. Stephen Finley, President, email@example.com.
The deadline for application is June 26, 2017
Interviews will be granted to the most qualified applicants. PA required clearances and Safe Environment Certification and official transcripts will be required before employment can begin.